Saturday, August 20, 2016

Blog Post Assignment #2

Since my learning of the proper ways to write an essay, I've noticed that in some areas I am wrong. I am mostly struggling with my usage of the word "you" in various parts of my writings. In an informal essay, it would be okay to use it as much because I am informing someone of how to do something or stating something to that person. Yet, in a formal essay, the correct way to approach a topic, would be to state things in general. Such as by using words like "one" or "he or she" without directlyplan ting it toward on person. I plan to get better at this by inserting different words in place of the word "you" that could be written for a general audience. In other words, I am over all a pretty good writer. My writings provide many important details about the main topics that I discuss. The structures of my writings are well thought out and my transitions are well executed. With time and dedication, I will only progress.

3 comments:

  1. Allayia your blog is connected to me in so many ways. I also use the word "you" a lot of times in my own writing. When trying to find words to replace it with becomes a difficult task. Your new ideas are great ways to help yourself and others. I definitely will be saving these tips for my next writing. Additionally, you are correct by saying you will only progress. Overall i really like your action plan to fix your mistakes. If I can help you with any of your writing just let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fact that you are aware of the importance of using transitional words and phrases. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete