Thursday, November 17, 2016

Blog Post Assignment #7

1.) Have you ever done something you regretted doing? If so, explain.

2.) Would you have shot your commander if you were in Kien's situation?

3.) What does the quote," the sorrow of war inside a soldier's heart was in a strange way similar to the sorrow of love", mean to you?

4.) What was Kien's reaction to be told that he was sleeping next to a dead body?

5.) Why did Kien all of a sudden feel reborn again?

6.) Why do you think Kien started to believe in ghosts?

7.) What made Kien feel unbalanced?

8.) How do you think writing helped Kien after the war?

9.) Describe how Kien felt about the war.

10.) Pg.87 What does Kien mean when he says everything seemed to change?

9 comments:

  1. 1. Yes, I had done something that I regretted doing. A couple of years ago at the dentist, I was going to get a silver teeth in my mouth. I would say that I was afraid, but I got so angry at the same time because I don't want anything on my teeth. So I starting using profanity at some of the woman who suppose to put silver teeth in my mouth. They was very surprised of how I was acting and my mind telling me that I shouldn't say these bad words to them. I made a huge mistake on that day, but fortunately, I was able to apologize for my action.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe Derrick, I would have regretted that too. They were only trying to help your little teeth! It's good that you were able to apologize to them for your actions though.

      Delete
    2. Awe Derrick, I would have regretted that too. They were only trying to help your little teeth! It's good that you were able to apologize to them for your actions though.

      Delete
  2. #8) I think writing helped Kien after the war because it was a way to express his feeling, his thoughts, and his emotions about everything he had been through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the same exact thing I was thinking Jaylin. From my experience, writing is a good way to express things. I believe everyone should write.

      Delete
    2. That's the same exact thing I was thinking Jaylin. From my experience, writing is a good way to express things. I believe everyone should write.

      Delete
  3. #2: If I we're in Kien's situation I wouldn't have shot the commander. Just like Kien, I would not be able to do it. I believe most people would not do it because it's hard to hurt the feelings of people you care about so it would be nearly impossible to end their life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right Jimmiya. Being attached to anyone in any kind of way would make it difficult to hurt that person. Let along shoot that person! You gave an excellent answer.

      Delete
    2. You're so right Jimmiya. Being attached to anyone in any kind of way would make it difficult to hurt that person. Let along shoot that person! You gave an excellent answer.

      Delete